Welcome to the San Diego
Beach & Bay Half Marathon!
Beach & Bay Half Marathon!
- Official technical race shirt (men’s and women’s styles)
- Race bib and timing chip
- Flat and scenic beach & bayside loop course
- Support stations with water, restrooms and medical
- Finisher medal
- NEW! 3-Year Legacy Gift (see details below)
- Bag check at the start/finish line.
- Beer tasting garden (first beer is on us!)
- Post race party with live music, beer, food and local vendors.
(THROUGH Thursday, December 13)
EVENT COURSE INFO
San Diego Beach & Bay Half Marathon is a fast and flat course through some of San Diego’s most beautiful coastline. The course follows a scenic and spectacular route, showcasing some of San Diego’s most visited destinations including Sea World, Belmont Park, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, Sail Bay and Crown Point. The course is a mix of closed roads and public board walks.
Course Time Limit
The course must be completed in 3 ½ hours or 16 minute/mile pace.
Run your best and fastest half marathon with these training plans:
We use a multi-wave start based on your running pace. Your bib will have your corral number on it.
We offer a complimentary Gear Check for our runners, which will be located near the bayside finish festival (near the start). A tear off tab from your bib will be attached to your bag.
*** We recommend that you DO NOT check your wallets into a Gear Check bag. Leave your wallet in the car. Runners are responsible for bringing their own Gear Check Bag.
Aid stations will be provided along the following course points:
Mile 2: Water
Mile 3.25: Water & Ultima Replinisher
Mile 5.25: Water & Ultima Replinisher
Mile 6.25: Water
Mile 7.25: Water & Ultima Replinisher
Mile 8.5: Water & Honey Stinger Energy Gel
Mile 10: Water & Ultima Replinisher
Mile 11.5: Water & Ultima Replinisher
Porto potties and public restrooms will be available at:
Mile 2, 3, 3.5, 5.25, 7.25, 8, 9, 10.5, 12 and the start and finish.
Medical staff will be available at the start, mile 9, mile 11 and finish. If you experience a medical problem on the course, go to the nearest water station where medical assistance will be called for you.
The Beast Pace Team will be leading pace groups for the Half Marathon. The pacers will be located in the Start Line Corral and will be holding signs with the target pace on it. Pacers are available in 15 minute increments: 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:30 and 2:45.
Timing and Race Results
Official results and age group awards will be based on your chip time (net time on the course). All runners must attach the timing device as instructed or they will not be timed and ineligible for any award. Results will be posted in the finish line area and also after the race on our event website.
RUNNERS EXPO | BIB & SHIRT PICKUP
You can pick up your bib number and shirt at the Expo on April 12 or on race morning. You must show your photo ID and present a signed waiver to claim your bib number. You may designate a person to pick up your bib number but they must present a copy of your picture ID and a waiver signed by you – no exceptions.
Road Runner Sports
5553 Copley Drive, San Diego, 92111
11:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
AWARDS & MEDALS
- Finisher Medals
All finishers who complete the race will receive a finisher medal at the finish line.
- Winner Awards
The top 3 overall male and female half marathon finishers will receive a winner award. The top male and female finisher in the Master’s Division will also receive a winner award.
- Age Category Awards
Awards will be offered to the first 3 finishers, male and female, in the following age groups:
13-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
What is the Legacy Club?
Beyond Events is proud to announce the Beach & Bay Legacy Club. We recognize participants who pledge their commitment to the enduring sport of running by crossing the finish line at the San Diego Beach & Bay Half Marathon for three consecutive years and beyond!
Qualified legacy members will continue to earn awesome perks, rewards, and receive special recognition for every year their personal stride is kept in motion! #Beach&BayLegacy
IMPORTANT: The 5K, 8K or 10K distance does NOT apply towards the Beach & Bay Legacy Club. You MUST enroll in the HALF to activate and maintain your Legacy status.
Your legacy gift will be announced soon!
Super easy, there is no separate registration or sign up required. We keep track of all of your completed Half Marathons. Participants who qualify will have automatic membership upon completion of their third consecutive event.
Anyone can become a member of the Beach & Bay Legacy Club! Just complete the Half Marathon for three consecutive years. Continue to finish half marathon every year as you move up the Legacy Ladder.
1. Failure to participate in the San Diego Beach & Bay Half Marathon for one race season will result in loss of Legacy status. The only exception that will be made is if one registers for an event in which the event date changes or must be cancelled. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis when one registers for an event and the event date changes afterwards.
2. Legacy items will NOT be mailed out pre-race. If you are unable to attend packet pick-up, we will arrange to have your Legacy items available for pickup on race day. You must pick up Legacy items either at Packet pick-up, or on race day; NO Legacy items will be mailed after the race.
3. The 5K, 8K or 10K distance does NOT apply towards the Beach & Bay Legacy Club. You MUST enroll in the HALF to activate and maintain your Legacy status.
Have questions? Please visit our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS section.